Tuesday, April 26, 2011

a good read

a friend shared this with me: Remodeling Hell by Brad Jersak

I was touched by this recollection

As a sensitive little boy...

I accepted in good faith

the word of camp counselors

who described the fate of the

lost as we stoked orange

coals during late night

marshmallow roasts.

What about the unchurched

cousins I loved so dearly?

God loved them, but if they

didn’t love him back, he would

skewer them on an everlasting

rotisserie—just like the stick I

used for roasting my

marshmallows.



And appreciate this excerpt:
That said, the data summarized
herein did lead me to four conclusions,
which you may or may not
share after all is said and done:

1. We cannot presume to know
that all will be saved or that any
will not be saved.

2. The revelation of God in
Christ includes real warnings about
the possibility of damnation for
some and also the real possibility
that redemption may extend to all.

3. We not only dare hope and
pray that God’s mercy would finally
triumph over judgment; the love
of God obligates us to such hope
4. Revelation 21–22 provides a
test case for a biblical theology of
eschatological hope.

No comments: