Sunday, January 29, 2012

pondering poetry

My daughter's feet on the floor

The sound woos my mind
From subconscious to conscious
And once again
My thoughts have not rested

Birds
I hear them just outside
We are their place to be

Sunlight glows from the window

I pull my favorite blanket from the bed
and carry it with me to my favorite chair

Wrapped
I look out toward the east
It's exactly the moment

The sky glows with oranges and yellows and pinks
Above that, a deep still-dark blue
Black silhouettes of trees line the foreground

The cause of this beautiful array
itself is barely visible
A white marble on the horizon
Mostly hidden and seemingly small

I will join the birds
I will sing today

For the beauty of the earth
For the glory of the skies
For the Love which from our birth
Over and around us lies
Lord of all to Thee we raise
This our hymn of grateful praise

No comments: