Tuesday, January 3, 2012

pondering Gen Silent

"Why are you so hung up on this gay thing?"

I've been asked that a lot lately.  The answer?  I don't know.  It just won't leave me alone.  I don't know why, I don't know to what end, I don't know.  I just know I've been blessed/cursed (depending on who you talk to) with a compelling draw toward this topic and this community of people.  I don't see it as odd, but others do ... I guess I get that.  I only know that my life is growing richer and I'm grateful for it.  What God's up to with all this, well... that remains to be seen.  I'm not too worried about it, to tell you the truth.  I trust Him, and I'm enjoying the ride.

With that said, yes, I have another post on that topic.  The documentary film Gen Silent is available for free screening online through January 8th.  I watched it with the words of Isaiah 58 and Matthew 25 ringing in my ears.  Watch it here (this is a full length documentary so get a cup of tea or a glass of wine or whatever you enjoy...).

com·pas·sion 
(k m-p sh n). 
n. Deep awareness of the suffering of another coupled with the wish to relieve it.

No comments: