Monday, May 23, 2011

pondering serving from weakness

I sat down, after a morning of vigorous-and-much-needed house cleaning, with much to ponder but nothing to say.

Then I clicked over to the sarcastic Lutheran and I realized, in wonder anew, that God was listening to me all along.

A taste to whet your appetite:

God reaches again and again into the graves we dig ourselves, continues to reach into our failures and yank out new life: just as God brought forth the universe from nothingness and water from a rock and babies from barren wombs and a church from a bunch of forgiven sinners. So don’t be afraid of your deficits, but rejoice in the spaces where you have nothing to offer, for this is the very canvas on which God’s best work is shown forth…just wait. I promise you this.

No comments: