Monday, May 2, 2011

my husband


Last night, just as I was about to head to bed, I started hearing the chatter that the president was about to make a big announcement. At 10 pm on a Sunday night. Odd. So I called for my husband. We turned on the TV. And we watched well past midnight.

This morning the alarm went off at 5:30. Getting up wasn't easy. Over his first cup of coffee, my husband said humbly, "I'm thinking about how to talk with the kids about this."

And with that, I fell in love with him all over again.

So many people talk around their kids. In front of their kids. Even at or to their kids. Too few talk with their kids. And fewer still dare talk with them about the stuff that really matters.

It was his first thought.

Their conversation over breakfast was beautiful. Their bottom line?

"I hope this means the Mommies and Daddies get to come home sooner."

No comments: