Monday, November 7, 2011

pondering again

Romans 14

I should not drink alcohol in front of an alcoholic
I should not eat meat in front of a vegetarian
I should not cuss in front of my friend who is easily offended
I should not wail with Lady Gaga while certain people are in the car
I should not discuss politics with my family
Yes, Lord - I submit.

Galatians

I must not allow a yoke of slavery to be placed upon me
I must not step outside of grace and into legalism
I must not cheapen the cross by living according to others wagging fingers or clicking tongues
I must never, never give anyone less than the Spirit control over me
I must never shut up about the change Love has wrought in my life
Yes, Lord - I submit.

So?

Where's the path?

What do I "shh" about to keep peace, and what do I scream from the rooftops?  When do I sit and weep silently to myself and when do I get up and walk out?  When do I sacrifice the small offense for the greater good, and when am I straining at a gnat but swallowing a camel?  When do I submit, and when do I rebel?

Yahweh! Yahweh! 
Take this heart and let it break.  
Guide me... I have no idea what the answers are.  
I surrender.  

No comments: